the leftovers after dinner
my portion the next day :)
from Tast of the South magazine
1 (10.25 oz.) can beef gravy
1 (10 oz.) can enchilada sauce
1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
1 (1.25 oz.) envelope taco seasoning mix
1 cup water
2 (16 oz.) cans refried beans
10 to 12 flour tortillas
1 (8 oz.) container sour cream
1 (8 oz.) package shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, combine beef gravy & enchilada sauce; set aside
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat on stovetop, brown ground chuck & drain grease. Add taco seasoning & water. Continue to cook until liquid has been absorbed (5-10 minutes). Add refried beans to meat mixture & stir well; set aside.
- Line a greased 9x13 in. casserole dish with one-third of tortillas. Spread half of meat mixture over tortillas, and top with half of sour cream. Repeat layers, ending with the final third of tortillas. Pour gravy mixture over casserole and top w/grated of cheese.
- Bake for 30-45 min. or until casserole is hot & bubbly. Remove from oven & let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- To serve, cut into squares & top with your favorite burrito toppings!