- I saw my doctor about the sleep problems. It was a fiasco that ended up w/me on a ridiculous psychosomatic drug which really messed w/my head, then I found out that most of my problems could have been caused by side-effects of other medication my doctor had me on. I quit taking all the crazy drugs and have been taking melatonin & vitamins only and am now sleeping pretty darn well! Have another appt. w/the doctor to discuss the fiasco aspect b/c I am not happy.
- My dear sweet grandpa died. For several years we've known that it could be coming at any moment (he had an aortic aneurism & congestive heart failure). Thankfully it came quickly and without suffering, and a few days after we had gone to visit him for Father's day. Very thankful for that last time with him when he was feeling well & in good spirits. I plan to write more on this later.
- My dear sweet friend Lacey is back from Africa! I never expected to get so much time with her when she came back and it has warmed my heart and revived my soul :) Kindred spirits are the best :)
- I am co-leading a summer Bible study for students who are in town and it has been almost always primarily college boys. And they are so precious! There is nothing to make you feel appreciated as a cook like feeding a group of college boys :)
- Butch & Kitty seem to be getting fatter...
- I am hoping to get skinnier. I have worked hard all summer to NO PROGRESS (except for newly-developed calf muscles) but after learning about the crazy meds I've seen that they all cause weight gain, and since stopping my appetite has severely decreased. (Yay!) Hoping this kicks things into the right spot.
- Hubs challenged our 14 year old niece to a "foot race" on the 4th of July to see who was faster. He was faster...until he fell. Racing a group of kiddos. And skinned his hand and knee. *facepalm* Surprisingly, this is one of those few things that he is not too embarrassed about to have me put on the internets. He says "all that matters is that I am fastest...I may not be able to run as long, but I'm fastest". I never know if I am married to an 80 year old man or a 9 year old boy. Definitely doesn't ever act his real age (27).
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
I've been silent over here for a bit, but things in life have been very active. Quick update:
Posted by Sarah Edmundson at 7/06/2011 04:40:00 AM