Tuesday, November 2, 2010

TWD peanuttiest blondies

This week Nicole of Bakeologie chose the Peanuttiest Blondies f/m page 119 of BFMHTY.

Well, sadly these are kindof a fail for me.  I baked them for the suggested minimum 40 minutes and the edge pieces are like rocks!!  my teeth hurt from trying to eat one :(


The batter was fabulous, so I think if I bake them less they will be perfect--and I may try that very soon!  Kinda bummed about this big plate of blondies that are too hard to eat, but I'm thinking that would be fabulous ground up in the food processor and used as a cookie crust for something delicious...

Thanks for the pick Nicole (check her blog for the recipe), and everyone be sure to check the TWD lyl post to see if they didn't become rocks for someone else!

5 comments:

  1. nice idea to use them in a cookie crust. Another idea - heat them in the microwave with some cream sprinkled on top to soften them then serve with ice cream and hot fudge sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe try popping it in the microwave for 20 seconds to soften it up? and then, naturally, top it with vanilla ice cream ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, see, what a good idea, to not throw them away, but use them as a crust. I'll remember that next time I overbake something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww that sucks that yours were so hard on the edges! Glad you baked along tho!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely save it for something. I would hate to waste all of those ingredients. I hope you'll try them again, because these were mighty good.

    ReplyDelete