Tuesday, March 8, 2011

TWD: Corniest Corn Muffins

Sorry for my horribly inconsistent posting over here!  I have a few things up
my sleeves so hopefully soon I will get here w/some non-TWD recipes and life updates :)


In the meantime, I give you Dorie's Corniest Corn Muffins!  These were chosen from page 4 of BFMHTY by Jill of My Next Life.


I was really excited to make these b/c I have not done much cornmeal baking and hubs LOVES cornbread and corn muffins.  I made these while he was out filming a game and was so excited to share them w/him!  And then he didn't get home until 11 and wasn't hungry.  And then he ate cereal for breakfast.  So sadly, I've yet to hear hubs' opinion of these, but I sure do love them!

Mine didn't puff up as much as the book, and the only plain corn (not creamed or in butter sauce) that I had was a frozen steamer pouch that was a bit past it's prime, so I may have to try these again w/fresh corn. 


Thanks to Jill for picking the recipe, and head over to the TWD leave your link post to see who baked along this week!

1 comment:

  1. I love cornbread! I could eat it as an entire meal! Mmm makes me want to go bake some right now.

    ReplyDelete