Tuesday, November 24, 2009

TWD: Sugar Topped Molasses Spice Cookies

Yay!!! I finally made one of November's recipes!!!!!! I have been super lazy this month when it comes to the baking challenges, but not to the other baking, but it just makes me so happy to be able to try new recipes. I love the favorites that everyone requests, but I like to try new things.


If you've been following any other TWD bakers (sadly not me) you know that we have been given the freedom to bake out of order this month. Apparently I need stricter guidelines b/c if I have too much flexibility, I just don't do it!



Well, I'm so happy that I took the time to make these cookies b/c they are AMAZING! I have been wanting a good ginger cookie recipe and these are so wonderful. I baked them for 12 minutes and they came out wonderfully crisp and chewy. The pepper is a great touch as well.


Mine didn't get the crinkly tops that I saw in so many other blogs and the pictures, but they are yum yum yum so I don't even care! I rolled some in regular sugar, and some in raw sugar for a little extra crunch. If you want the recipe for these (and you know you do!) head over this post by Pamela from Cookies with Boys or go BUY THE BOOK!! you won't regret it!

I really wanted to make some of the other recipes for this month, but just don't know if I'll be able to. Head over to the TWD website to see the other assignments and recipes.

4 comments:

  1. I loved these cookies, in fact I just took two out of the freezer and ate them tonight! They freeze real well. So glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cookies sound very nice. Hahaha, I agree, sometimes you need a recipe and a date it has to be done - otherwise it doesn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an excellent one to come back with, they are so good! I'm glad you liked them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! I'm so glad you got to make and enjoy these cookies. We loved them, too. I just baked up more for Thanksgiving and I know I will be making them for Christmas, too. Thanks for baking with me!

    ReplyDelete