Tuesday, August 17, 2010

TWD: Oatmeal Breakfast Bread

I have been M.I.A with the TWD posts lately--sorry!  You would think that since I'm no longer at the office I would have so much free time to bake, but between time with the newborn twins and trying to get my house clean I have not been good at keeping everything going!  Definitely gonna have to work on the time management...(oh yeah, the blogs don't help....)

Well, I couldn't skip this one.  Any time that I see a baking group recipe that seems like it may be a hit w/hubs I have to make it--b/c it's so rare!  Also, I have been itching for fall to start and this recipe made me feel like it's at least a little closer.  Come on cool weather--I'm ready!!!

Also, this recipe is super quick to put together--no softening butter, no mixers.  Just pour, whisk, combine and done!  Gotta love that! I thought I was out of applesauce and was about to sub some apple butter left from the apple bread pudding but then I found a new jar in the back of the fridge!  Score!  I didn't even know I had it! (though I may have to try the recipe w/apple butter still...it intrigues me...)  I did leave out the dried fruit b/c hubs isn't a fan, and this is something I want him to try.  I also baked a full recipe in mini-loaf pans for 25 minutes and got 5 mini loaves--perfect for portioning out and freezing! 

 So how is it?  YUM!!  I love the crumble topping and the spice.  Thanks so much to Natalie of Oven Love for this easy yummy intro to fall, and check out her blog for the recipe.  Also be sure to check the Leave you Link post on the TWD blog to see who baked along this week.

6 comments:

  1. Your bread looks amazing! this was such a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little loaves! They look so cute and delicious. I left out fruit and inserted chocolate and they turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mini-loaves look delicious! And so do those twins. Congrats to your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect for freezing! your bread looks great

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a great bread wasn't it. I added cranberries to mine and it was perfect.

    For a minute I thot YOU had had twins. Blogging, baking AND new TWINS!!! But then I read lower. Congrats to your family on the new additions.

    ReplyDelete