Friday, April 30, 2010

Chocolate With Francois--Chocolate Mousse

What does it mean that my priorities for today went:
  1. get up as late as possible
  2. read blogs and post friday favorites
  3. make chocolate mousse
  4. take a shower and get ready for the day (which happened about 3 pm...)
Well, one thing that means is that it is Friday and I am off work (until I go in for month end that is...)  Another thing that it means is that I must be very lazy!  This is evidenced by the fact that I had COMPLETELY forgotten about this months CWF challenge until I saw Julie's post about it.  Oops!  Well, she mentioned that the recipe was super easy, and I had all the ingredients on hand, so I decided to jump right in and whip up some chocolate mousse!

Well, Julie was right and this was a super easy recipe to throw together:  whip up some cream, beat eggs with your kitchenaid, melt chocolate, then pour boiling sugar syrup into the eggs, continue beating for a bit, and then fold it all together and refrigerate!  And it was super yum--light yet incredibly rich at the same time.  I had a bit an hour after making it and it was just lovely. 
whipping eggs w/sugar syrup
whipped cream and melted chocolate
yummy light as air mousse!

Moogie of Moogie & Pap chose this month's recipe and said we were all to present it in a creative way.  Well, since I barely got it done at all, I'm afraid that all you get is chocolate mousse in vintage fire king bowls...but it is delicious!  Head over to her blog for the recipe!

4 comments:

  1. I bet the mousse was worth getting up for. We really liked it..unfort. I only made 1/2 the recipe.
    Lucky you, sleeping in so late. Don't you wish everyday was a Friday? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect Friday! Lucky you, Friday's off!!! Your mousse looks perfect! I love the bowls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarahe,
    What better way to present a classic but in a classic bowl-mine kind of way to eat chocolate mousse! Nice job.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mousse looks lovely--light, but rich, as you said. Your day on Friday sounds a lot like my perfect day, but sadly, mine usually starts with a call at 6am from someone looking for a supply teacher. Oh well, there's always Saturday...

    ReplyDelete