Saturday, January 16, 2010

Resolution check-in, week 2

This week was not great for keeping up with any new schedules or habits b/c I had a stomach virus for the first half of the week...but here goes!

1. Improving my overall health. I didn't make great choices at the beginning of the week b/c I was just trying to eat anything that sounded okay, but I did lose 1.4 pounds bringing my total loss so far to 4.4 pounds. I wish it had been more, but still, every loss is a loss right? Also, I did exercise some this week for the first time in a while. I realized how terribly out of shape I am...yikes! But I'm making progress and that's what counts.

2. Be a better steward of my money. Still doing well! I did visit some of my favorite shops this week but I avoided most impulse buying--the only thing I got that wasn't a baking supply that I needed was a little set of 3 blue delphite saucers, for just $2. I'm still trying to avoid going out on my lunch break as much as possible, but the shopping that I did was while returning things and dropping off consignments.

3. Letting things go. I dropped off two HUGE boxes of junk to Grandma's Attic this week for consignment. Woohoo!!

4. Wast less time. Not so good on this one...I spent most of the week lounging around due to being sick, but I guess that's allowed...

5. Read books. Nope. Not this week. I did not stick w/my nighttime reading plan and I read mostly magazines. Boo.

6. Organize/cleaning. Not much more progress due to illness...

7. Spend more time w/hubs. Definitely did this one! We have been more intentional about time together and have been talking about some issues that I needed to discuss. Good times!

8. Have time with God daily. Did this about half the time. Since I didn't follow through w/my nightly reading plan a lot got dropped by the wayside. Time to get back on track!

Well, in general this week has been kinda a bust. I guess I need to work on not letting illness derail my goals, b/c I know these times will come up a lot for me!

How are you doing on your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment