Well, we're through the first month of 2010, so it's time to evaluate my progress so far:
1. Improving my overall health. I've lost a total of four pounds this month. Not great, but not awful. Averaging 1 pound per week, but honestly the past two weeks have just been maintaining and it's because I've been inconsistent with my choices: good one day, bad the next. My feet are doing much better--as much as the cortisone shots KILL, they seem to help, so I may just have to suck it up and deal with the excruciating pain for a day or two to have a few weeks or more of being able to function "normally" (for me at least). Since my feet have been doing better, I have also been able to exercise a few times this week which is also a HUGE step forward. I'll make the sacrificing that I need to to keep this up! Now I need to just make better food choices.
2. Be a better steward of our money. Still doing good! I went to TJ Maxx on Saturday after finishing my month end work...I went in with the full intention of buying an enameled cast iron dutch oven (I think I need to buy one of these and intended to get it in order to fry the Pets De Nomme for Chocolate w/Francois...which I ended up not doing) Well, being such a nippy day I looked at some cuddly sweaters and found 3 that I wanted..for not too much money. I then went back to look at the cookware...and after much consideration I put everything back! woohoo! I've been doing really well and it makes me feel great!
3. Letting things go. No further progress, but I'm working on sorting through more. Clothes will be next!
4. Waste less time. Considering that I was sick much of the week and snowed in for the weekend, I wasted a lot of time. I could have accomplished more over the weekend but just did not.
5. Read books. I did get somewhat back into my nighttime reading schedule so that feels good. Still have not started reading any good "fun" books--I keep being tempted by books I have already read but trying to resist.
6. Organize/cleaning. I really worked on my kitchen this weekend and did a little more sorting through junk. I've got to get in gear though before my friends come to visit next weekend!
7. Spend more time w/hubs. Umm..well, he was gone most of the weekend but we had a blast playing in the snow and watching movies in our jammies today. Fun times!
8. Have time w/God daily. Did not do this everyday, but did more often than not. Still working on getting a good system down, but I have added worship music back into the mix since getting my ipod back, and I love that!
WEll, all in all I think the first month of 2010 was fairly successful, and keeping up w/my goals on here definitely helps me keep them in my mind! Have you kept up w/any of your New Year's resolutions?