Monday, March 15, 2010

my weekend, and msc

Well, today I am home and had eggs for breakfast...and I didn't get to make the Lemon Meringue Cupcakes for MSC...






But I'm not sick!  Woohoo!  I'm taking a vacation day after a weekend with my bestest in Spring Hill, TN. 
We ate and wandered around downtown Franklin, then went to the factory and painted pottery!  So fun! 

I made a teacup and saucer and she made a super cute bowl.  We had a blast and just enjoyed time together!  After Franklin we went back to her home for dinner and Friends Scene-it, followed by my first time seeing The Proposal. Then we went to my very favorite church that takes me back to my youth!  The reason I came in that weekend was because it was Baby Dedication day and I got to see their sweet daughter Charlotte be dedicated to the Lord!  It was just a special and very sweet weekend full of people that I love.  Once again, I am ready to pack up and move!  If only hubs wasn't so rooted in Bowling Green...

Speaking of hubs...I have to brag on him just a bit.  This was one of the first times that I have been gone on a weekend that he was not super busy filming.  I had already taken Monday off and planned to use it to catch up on the things I didn't get to do while I was out of town...but I came home and they were done!  He did the laundry and folded it and put it away (as well as he could, lol), he unloaded and re-loaded the dishwasher, and...for the biggest shock ever...he mopped the kitchen floor!!!!!  I think that every couple has their regular issues that they argue about, and one of our biggest ones is the allocation of household responsibilities.  In general, I do 95% of things around the house, and usually need to let him know when one of "his jobs" needs to be done.  I don't mind too much b/c he basically works 2 jobs, so this is like my extra stuff--but sometimes I get overwhelmed, and the past few weeks have been one of those times.  I did not at all ask him to do anything while I was gone, but he chose to serve me in that way, and it just made me feel so very loved :)  And honestly, I don't think he has EVER mopped the floor in our house, so that was awesome!  

It was just an amazing weekend and I am so excited that I got to enjoy it!  And as for why I didn't make this month's cupcakes, well, I recently made lemon curd and do not have any lemons (or curd) left, and am trying to save money, and cut back on calories, so that's what's up.  Sorry I missed this challenge Megan, but they look wonderful!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! Love the cup and saucer!

    Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better! :D
    Just add these little summertime lovelies on the "baking to do" list. you wont regret it! ((well, maybe you might if you're counting calories hehehe)) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a good one. You will have to make these in the summer sometime. They were a treat. If you like your cupcakes more fluffy you may want to do another recipe. Overall loved it though. Good luck with the cutting calorie thing. It is hard to be a skinny baker!

    ReplyDelete