Monday, March 8, 2010

Resolution check-in

I've been slacking on posting updates for the past few weeks--sorry!  Here is how I've been doing:

1. Improve my overall health. I've been sick sick sick over the past two weeks.  I've had to take it really slow during my time not at work in an attempt to rest and recuperate.  So far it hasn't worked.  I'm thinking through some things that may help, but am nervous about drastic changes. Pray for me!

2. Be a better steward of our money.  I think I've done pretty well...I know I went to TJ Maxx once and got some stuff, but it was almost all on clearance for $5 or less!  Hubs says we're doing well right now, so I'm good with that!  I've also been selling more scentsy stuff which is always good and fun.

3. Letting things go. Have dropped off a few more boxes to Grandma's attic. Have not been able to work through clothes yet due to illness, but hope to do that soon.

4. Waste less time.  Better-ish.  I made a big step in cleaning out the list of blogs that I follow~I know have only 126 ;)  But seriously though, I stopped following several that have ended up just being time wasters, and now only have about 15-20 posts each day to sift through.  I realized that I am particularly an information hoarder...I feel like I have to watch or read everything that I may be interested in, as if I won't have any other option of finding that information!  Silly Sarah.

5. Read books.  I'm over half way through My Life in France!!!   Enjoying it oh-so-much.  I also had the wonderful joy of wandering to the park at lunch on this beautiful almost-spring day.  I listened to music, had a nice little lunch, and read another chapter.  It was just what I needed!

6. Organize/cleaning. None.  Not a bit.  My house is an absolute nightmare right now.  I just haven't had the energy. 

7. Spend more time w/hubs. Umm...I really squandered my weekend in an attempt to rest and get better.  We had some week nights together over the past few weeks but sadly I was in bed all weekend and we didn't get to talk much.  Sad times.  He's super busy filming this week too with the Sweet-Sixteen basketball games. 

8. Have time with God daily. Mostly consistent, I missed a few times over the weekend.

Well, that's it for now. Not going great in any of these areas, but hopefully this week will be a turn for the better.

2 comments:

  1. hey girl, I'm so impressed on how you evaluate your goals and parts of your life! I soo need to do that. I'll be praying you feel better soon. I love keeping up with each other through our blogs! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont you just fall in love with Julia thru that book? i wanted to move to france so bad while reading it! ha!

    ReplyDelete