Thursday, February 4, 2010

5 o'clock club

Okay. This is hard for me, but in keeping my all my Resolutions--particularly the one to spend time with God daily, I am once again going to attempt morning Quiet Times. I've been doing them at night, but if I don't go to bed much earlier than hubs, I tend not to be as focused as I want to be.

It is hard for me to get up in the morning. It didn't used to be--I used to sleep till 8 at the latest on days that I didn't have to work. Now I sleep for hours and hours and hours b/c of these stupid health conditions, but I am wasting too much time with my current habits.

Lovely Cheyenne over at To Build This House recently made the commitment to a 28 day day challenge during the month of February to get up early every morning to have time with the Lord. I saw her post and felt convicted to do this, but gave myself excuses of why it was not realistic for me. Then Sabrina joined. Then Elizabeth (who I recently discovered--another person I did not know in "real life" but we have many common "real life" and blogging friends). I knew I couldn't get away from it--it is something I'm supposed to do!

I, like a few others, will be shooting to do this at 6, not five (and probably 8 or 9 on the weekends...I just need to be realistic with myself, and to give my body the rest that it needs). I will be tracking my daily progress, as well as some notes on exactly what I am doing over on my other blog with my Ten in 10 goals, but will post a summary each week w/my resolution check ins. Feel free to join along with us and keep track of my progress over here!

No comments:

Post a Comment