Tuesday, February 16, 2010

TWD postponed, and an award!

I planned to make the cookies for this week over the weekend as part of hubs' Valentines treat, but sadly, my health would not allow it. So I will be making them over this weekend for him (we re-scheduled the national holiday for our own purposes) and will post on that later.

In other very sweet and exciting news, I got my first ever blogging award! Lovely Julie over at Little Bit of Everything awarded me the (Bald Faced Liar) Creative Writer award. Teehee! (you can see the others that she awarded on this post)



So here are the rules when receiving and passing on this award (and where the "liar" part comes in)

1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you.
4. Tell us up to six outrageous lies about yourself and at least one outrageous truth.
5. Allow your readers to guess which one or more is true.
6. Nominate seven "Creative Writers" who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies.
7. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
8. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.

Alright, so some interesting "facts" about me (btw, I was always horrible at the "two truths and a lie" game you play so this is tough for me!):
**two things are true**

1. I got lost in the Russian metro system while on a trip during college.
2. I chose my minor in college purely out of laziness b/c I didn't want to walk across campus for the classes I really wanted.
3. I was valedictorian in my high school graduating class.
4. My husband is the only guy I've ever kissed.
5. I am a sports fanatic--especially for UK basketball!
6. I've only even owned one car and it is nearly as old as I am.

Can you guess which are true and which are false?

And now, for the lovely bloggies that I would like to pass this award to...this is super hard b/c I follow over 140 blogs (!!--and I wonder where my time goes...) The blogs I have chosen are not all food blogs, but are some that I enjoy the most for their writing. They are all wonderful story tellers, many with some wonderful recipes and pictures too! Check them out!

1. Sabrina of Pate Life (sabrina is a real-life friend from college, and I've loved reconnecting w/her through blogs!)
2. Susan of She's Becoming Doughmesstic--absolutely hilarious! and she has awesome recipes (and giveaways too!)
3. Liz of Cake or Death--great recipes, great stories
4. Jayne of the Barefoot Kitchen Witch--I love her stories and the pictures are gorgeous and so fun~ I love all her real-life stories too
5. Danae of The Busty Baker--another great baking blog w/fun stories, and I just love her blog title!
6. Melanie of Less Apathy, More Cake--we share a great love of the fur-babies, and her posts are such fun--she makes AMAZING miniature cakes from polymer clay. WOW--very creative
7. Teanna of Spork or Foon--Gorgeous pictures and such fun food writing!

Again, be sure to check out these lovely blogs--they are definitely worth your time! And if you're looking for more wonderful blogs check out my blog list to the right. Thanks again Julie!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, hard to figure out which ones are true. I am pretty sure 6 is true. I think I remember reading about the car on your blog.

    I'll also go with #1.

    Looking forward to checking out the blogs you gave the award to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the award! I have no idea...I'm guessing 2 and 6 are true? Are you going to tell us the answers?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much!!! That is so sweet of you! That just made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for my award! That's so nice of you! I'll guess...um...2, 4 and 6 are true and the others false? I'm usually completely wrong at these things, so it's probably the other way around....

    ReplyDelete