Sunday, February 21, 2010

Positive steps, and resolution check-in

I cleaned out my car today...remember last time? Well, it was just as bad...and I had never actually cleaned out the back seat.


after a bit of straightening--i had filled that basket before i remembered that i needed to take a picture...

Here is what I brought inside: 2 laundry baskets full and 2 boxes (one of the boxes included some stuff f/m my great aunt that I had just never brought in:


Would you like to know what I found? Well, in addition to of a ton of trash and receipts, and not including the box of stuff from my aunt:
6 books including the final 3 Harry Potter books, Julia Child's "My Life in France" and a few others, as well as 2 of my Bibles and a journal
4 antique sherbert cups
3 Christmas platters
1 teacup & saucer
12 sonic bags
3 pairs of gloves
5 scarves
2 child's puffer vests (left at my house...never got them back to the rightful owner...)
2 pedometers
1 rose boutonniere (I think it was hubs' from our wedding?? not sure why it was in there...)
1 gift certificate for a massage that I thought I had thrown away (from 2 years ago!--hope they still accept it!)
1 child's jewelry making kit & paper dolls
2 bags of powdered sugar
1 bag of brown sugar
1 cupcake tower
and several random notepads, pens, plastic bags, and a bunch of change.

Well...needless to say, this cleaning was LONG overdue! I've been planning to do it for several weekends but just never did. Glad it's over! I'm sad though b/c I was hoping to find my coupon folder and my favorite bra...not sure where else to look...

Now, since I'm making good choices, I figured that I would go ahead and update you on my resolution progress:

1. Improve my overall health. I really worked on my eating and tracking my food...also exercised this week and have now re-lost the pounds that came back over last week when I was sick! woohoo! I'm still really tired and my throat is hurting pretty consistently, so I don't think I've completely gotten over that last flare-up, but hopefully I'm making some progress.

2. Be a better steward of our money. I did well this week too--did a bit of shopping to use up some old gift cards that I found lying around, but nothing else. Also have sold some more scentsy products and gotten some food orders. Good times!

3. Letting things go. Got another box to get rid of...some of the stuff from my aunt that was in my car as well as a few things I had collected around the house.

4. Waste less time. Doing pretty well, have been baking, organizing, and reading some as well as getting the car and kitchen in shape.

5. Read books. Still on track w/my devotionals and have started reading My Life in France (now that I found it--heehee)

6. Organize/cleaning. Did the car, that is enough for me!

7. Spend more time w/hubs. We had a really great weekend! Went out for lunch yesterday, then walked around the downtown area before picking Butch up to go to the park. All in all, a lot of good quality this week.

8. Have time with God daily. I may have missed a day or two, but have been consistent overall.

So that's my check-in for this week! I am feeling really good about everything right now and every bit of accomplishment makes me more eager to continue making positive steps.

Oh yeah, if you were wondering about my little trivia from this post, numbers 2 & 6 are true. The others are mostly grounded in truth: 1. Part of my group did get lost on the Russian metro system, but I knew the guy who understood how to navigate; 3. I was in the top 5 graduates and spoke at graduation, but not #1; 4. Well...this is not true, but there were only 2 others!; 5. Okay...this isn't true either. I hate sports, but I do root for UK b/c of hubs

Have a great week! (last one in February--yikes!)

8 comments:

  1. I can't believe all that fit in your car! haha. Good luck on your resolutions! I still haven't gotten around to making this year's resolutions. So I guess one of my big ones should be to stop procrastinating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a funny post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just curious why you thought your favorite bra would be hanging out in your car?

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha--anonymous, well, it's just that i've looked everywhere else and can't find it...and i recently stayed with a friend so I thought it might have fallen out of the suitcase...and considering everything else in there, you can never be sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that was a lot of stuff in a car! Great job getting it done! Sounds like you've done well on the other resolutions, too. Keep it up! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha yay for getting that thing cleaned out! and yay for starting my life in france. you will fall in love with her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excited you found the gift cert for the massage and proud of you for tackling the car!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, it's like Christmas in your car! Was it riding a foot higher once you cleaned the stuff out?

    ReplyDelete