I wanted to do it up all fancy and do a giveaway, but I have not been able to think of anything good and cheap (trying to save money you know...) so I may be back with something later.
Instead, I will give you more info about me (b/c I know you are dying for it, right?) and what I've learned through this year of blogging.
- I didn't realize how desperately I need a creative outlet for writing! I spent all of college writing and reading and forgot how much I love it. Now I don't have to write book critiques, but I get to talk about my little life, and amazingly, people like to read it!
- I realized that I am a comment whore. I crave affirmation, and comments (and new followers) are like crack to me.
- Through many of the blogging groups I am in, I have now made recipes and tried techniques that I didn't even realize a home cook can do! I still have so much to learn, but this is the most fun way to do it!
- I have gotten fatter. boo. That's what happens when you join all these groups to bake along with.
- I learned that I NEED accountability to keep on track with my goals. Posting my resolutions each week, even if no one really cares to read them, helps me keep them in my mind.
- I like telling stories, and sharing my life, even if I don't really know who is reading it
- I love reading everyone else's blogs! I seriously follow over 140, which is not condusive to accomplishing my goal of "wasting less time", but I can't help but read them. I love getting new information and getting to know people through this outlet
- blogs are great b/c you can keep in touch w/your long distance friends, all at the same time!
- I like to brag on my little butch and hear people say she's cute. Thank you. I am a proud mama!
- Did I mention that I love the written affirmation that comes from comments? Well I do, so keep them coming! ;)
I guess that's it for now. Thank you all for following along with me for the past year, and I hope that you will continue to! I promise more recipes and stories and pictures and life!
Also, I am now putting some of my more deeply personal things on my other blog now--specifically those relating to my faith and health/weight issues (i recently posted about a time that I really struggled in my faith). I am still all about sharing, but as I know some of you are here more for food stuff I thought I would seperate them a bit. The other blog is not private (at least not for now) so you are welcome to check it out and ask me about anything I write about!
Finally, if you are reading or following regularly, leave me a comment and introduce yourself--I would love to get to know everyone who reads this!