Saturday, February 6, 2010

quick layered mexican dip

I figured that this would be a nice little post in time for the Super Bowl, though I will be spending the day doing laundry and resting from my busy weekend!

I know there are a gazillion recipes for layered dips around the blogs this time of year, but this is my favorite:


Layered Mexican Dip
1 large can refried beans
1 packet taco seasoning
1 16 oz. tub sour cream
1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
salsa
fiesta blend shredded cheese

-Mix beans and taco seasoning until combined. Spread over the bottom of a 9x13" baking dish.
-Combine softened cream cheese and sour cream (can use hand mixer, or with a spatula if cream cheese if soft enough). Spread over bean layer.
-pour salsa over cream cheese
-Top with shredded cheese.

You can add lettuce, olives, onions, guacamole...really anything you like to this, but I generally leave it like this b/c I always seem to be surrounded with picky eaters! I have been known to eat this for dinner, and sometimes wrap it in a tortilla and heat it on the george foreman for a quick layered burrito.

2 comments:

  1. This is one of those recipes that is always good ~ and one that everyone likes!
    Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had this before at parties and I've always wondered what it was called and how to make it. THANKS!

    Mexican food is on of my favorites! Can't wait to try this one :D

    ReplyDelete